Water Resources Center

The Water Resources Center is affiliated with the College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences and University of Minnesota Extension.

SSTS Professionals

All those who install, design, inspect or perform maintenance on onsite systems in Minnesota must work under a business license.

There is an extensive education and experience requirement to acquire and maintain professional certification:
Questions and Answers about SSTS Certification

Training, Certification, and Licensing

OSTP Workshop Schedule and Online Enrollment

MPCA SSTS Licensing, Individual Certification, and Enforcement>>

MPCA Wastewater Operator Certification>>

Type IV or Type V Certification for Land Application of Biosolid>>

Questions or Comments?

Please feel free to contact University of Minnesota or MPCA staff with questions or comments you have about the SSTS Program. 

Call or e-mail the appropriate contact from the
OSTP and MPCA Contact List (.pdf)

Site Assessment Opportunities

Check back for updates.