Technical Septic System Options
In Minnesota there are different methods used to properly treat wastewater with an onsite system.
Installer Magazine News Articles
Reprinted with permission from Onsite Installer, COLE Publishing Inc.
- Right on Time - The importance of proper timer settings (February, 2005)
- An Installer's Best Friend - Understanding the biomat (January, 2005)
- Putting Pipe to Work - Proper pipe location (July, 2004)
Standard systems are the simplest way to effectively treat wastewater, but occasionally site characteristics such as lot size, soil type, site disturbance, flow and wastewater characteristics limit the options available.
|In-Ground Systems||Above-Ground Systems|
Advanced Treatment Systems
- Aerobic Treatment Units (.pdf)
- Constructed Wetlands Factsheet (.pdf)
- Peat Filters (.pdf)
- Recirculating Media Filters (.pdf)
- Textile Filters (.pdf)
- Sand Filtering (.pdf)
Final Soil Treatment and Distribution
- Drip Distribution (.pdf)