Hybrid Soils CE Workshops
What is a Hybrid Soils CE?
- This class is intended to be one course, necessary to cover your SOILS SPECIFIC 6 hours of continuing education
- There are two parts to this course:
- An online portion, equivalent to what we would cover in the classroom (3 CEH)
- An in-person field component (3 CEH) - you may bring your own folding chair if you can not stand for long periods of time.
- YOU MUST COMPLETE BOTH PARTS TO RECEIVE 6 hours of CREDIT for your MPCA License
You should enroll for the in-person field session of your choice. Here are some things to know:
- Registration is LIMITED due to University of Minnesota COVID-19 protocols. (Full version available HERE)
- There will be a morning (AM) and afternoon (PM) session of the in-person field workshop. THESE ARE NOT INTERCHANGEABLE. If you register for AM you must attend in the morning, if you register for PM you must attend in the afternoon. Due to the limited capacities we reserve the right to turn you away.
The scheduling for the hybrid workshops is different from any workshop OSTP has done to date.
- You will be choosing your preferred date/location to be in the field, then either an AM or PM section.
- Once you have registered for the in-person time slot of your choice you will then be granted access to the online portion of the course in a system called Canvas. You will use the same log-in information that you registered with to access the Canvas course, so be sure to create your own University account.
- The online section is equivalent to 3 Continuing Education Hours, accredited by the MPCA. You will have to take a set of digitally proctored quizzes, which you will have to pass with a 70% grade before your online segment will be considered complete. Please read below to make sure that you have the proper computer equipment to complete the online portion.
Due to limited in-person restrictions surrounding Covid-19, registration is limited to 20 participants per AM or PM session. YOU CAN NOT SWITCH SESSIONS ONCE YOU ARE ENROLLED (example: if you signed up for the PM session, you will NOT be admitted to the AM session day-of). If you desire to switch, you will have to cancel your enrollment and re-register. Due to the nature of these workshops and the limitations on participation, it is highly encouraged that you register online. We are working closely with the MPCA to make sure that we will have future Soil CEs so these will not be your only opportunities, but your only opportunities for 2020.
*You MUST adhere to the University of Minnesota’s protocols in regards to COVID-19. Please see our protocols webpage for all of the outlined information*
The following items are required for online participation:
- An internet connection (broadband wired or wireless, with 600kbps down);
- A computer/device with speakers (built-in or plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth);
- Google Chrome web browser (software) is required for the quizzes;
- A webcam for the quizzes only (either built-in to the computer/device, or plug-in);
- An individual guest account at learning.umn.edu (can be created during the registration process); and
- A valid picture ID
Online Registration with a Credit Card
August 19 - Alexandria (h55-1):
September 15 - Faribault (h55-2):
October 1 - Ottertail (h55-3):
Check or Purchase Order Registration Form
*Note: Staff encourages you to register online, with a credit card, for these courses. The University is under reduced operations so mail is only checked once per week. Purchase orders can be emailed to email@example.com.
- If you cancel due to COVID symptoms, medical-advised quarantine, caring for others, or another COVID-related cause, a full refund will be issued.
- If you fail the health screening in-person at check-in, a full refund will be issued.
- All cancellations for non-COVID reasons must be received in writing by OSTP staff (firstname.lastname@example.org) 4 business days prior to the workshop. All refunds will be made in the same manner as payment minus a $30 cancellation fee. Classes must be cancelled and rebooked before the start date of the course to avoid forfeiting your entire course fee.
- If you are asked to leave the class due for not complying with requirements for social distancing, facial coverings, or other protocols, the learner will forfeit their entire course fee.
- In the event that classes are cancelled due to state, local, or University restrictions, a full refund will be issued.
To reduce the risk of coronavirus transmission, the OSTP has protocols based on guidance from the CDC, MDH, and UMN. Although the class is outdoors, participants are required to bring a face covering that covers both the nose and mouth and maintain a distance of 6-8 feet from other participants. The mask MUST be worn during the check-in process, and we strongly suggest that you wear it during the entire session. In addition, participants must:
- At check-in, answer the following pre-screening questions, as well as a no-contact temperature check:
- Do you have a new or worsening cough?
- Are you experiencing shortness of breath?
- Within the last 14 days, have you been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- At check-in and throughout the class, maintain a physical distance of 6-8 feet from other participants
If your temperature is 100.4 or higher, or question responses indicate that you could be sick, you may not attend the class. If that should happen, you will be refunded your registration fee in full. Failure by attendees to follow the protocols and requests of OSTP and venue staff, may result in class registration revocation and forfeiture of registration fees. We appreciate your cooperation with these requirements as it ensures the safety and health of our attendees and staff, and enables us to continue to host and plan future in-person training.
If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time, please contact us at (800) 322-8642 or email@example.com
Please visit the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency’s COVID-19 website if you have any questions regarding your certificate or continuing education hours. If you have any further questions for the MPCA or would like more information you may contact the MPCA via phone or email at 651-757-2201 and firstname.lastname@example.org